|—||Ray Bradbury on censorship|
anyone else think that Valentine Michael Smith, of Stranger in a Strange Land was part of Star Trek’s Q Continuum?
Few topics in grammar and usage inspires as much dread and confusion as lay vs. lie. This post will allay your fears.
Need even more examples? Here you go:
- When I get home, I’m going to lie in the hammock and relax.
- In which room should I lay the new rug?
- Yesterday, my dog lay on my lap and took a long nap.
- Jim has lain on the sofa since noon.
- Every night, Finn lies on his bed and sleeps inside his sleeping bag.
this is funny
like really, really funny
You sly bugger. That took me a while.
I have googled my life away. I have read bible verses. I have studied the ohilosophical meaning behind the numbers. I have become a modern Gallup trying to ask people to help me figure this out. What the FUCK does it mean.
shh nobody tell
Oh my god…
I love my notebooks.
Escritores y sus gatitos….
Edgar Allan Poe
H P Lovecraft
Jorge Luis Borges
Earnest Hemingway’s mother, writing to him about The Sun Also Rises.
Earnest Hemingway was born today, 1899.
3. Come in through the side door. If you are too on the nose, you lose your reader. Coming in through the front door means your piece is about exactly what it says it is about. But our pleasure in reading is figuring things out. Set up the writing so your reader gets to be smart; trust that she truly wants to figure things out. Write so that the words point to your point but don’t spell it out directly. Readers are brilliant. And powerful writing creates an envelop for the reader to slip into. When writing about despair and meaninglessness, start with a bug. When writing about transcendent love, start with something as unexpectedly to the side as a sandwich. GIVEAWAY: Heather is excited to give away a free copy of her book, CHAPTER BY CHAPTER, to a random commenter. Comment within 2 weeks; winners must live in Canada/US to receive the book by mail. You can win a blog contest even if you’ve won before.
I am attempting to find my people~
What is life like in God’s kingdom? A conversation of what Heaven might be like boils down to a question that goes something like this: what would it be like to exist inside a culture that reflects God’s goodness where people live out what Jesus commanded of them?
It may be easy to get caught…